top of page

Group

Public·53 members
Leonid Sukhanov
Leonid Sukhanov

Where Can I Buy Sofa Slipcovers

While your once stunning couch now has unsightly stains and tears, it would be a shame to toss it out. Instead, save your high-quality furniture pieces without the pricey reupholstery with couch covers. Simply find the right look, feel, and style cover to makeover your couch in minutes. Our SureFit covers will also protect your sofa from more damage in the future, thanks to the meticulously constructed, durable fabric that will withstand tears made by your car keys, coffee stains, and even over-energetic (and destructive) kids and pets. A slipcover will protect your investment and boost your décorat the same time.

where can i buy sofa slipcovers

Our current delivery time for Standard Orders is around 2 weeks; choose "Express Order" for delivery in 10 days (when available). Made-to-measure sofa covers will take longer as production can only proceed after measurements are finalised.

I love how inexpensive the standard Ikea Ektorp Sofa Covers are (under $30). If you are curious about whether they fit the Pottery Barn Basic Sofa, I'm going to show you how well it fits. Ikea slipcovers definitely fit on non-Ikea furniture! So you might be able to save a ton of money from buying Pottery Barn Slipcovers.

As you guys know, I'm in love with my slipcovered sofa that I splurged on a few years ago [HERE]. I also wrote about the truth of having white slipcovered sofas with kids [HERE] and why I chose the Pottery Barn sofa over the Ikea Ektorp. My slipcovered Pottery Barn Grand Sofa of my more expensive pieces of furniture in my home (which was a deal on a floor model). I've had many slipcovers made for it with my ever-changing need to change up our space! I've been wondering if the affordable Ikea Ektorp sofa cover would fit for our sofa !

We are getting ready to start another project - renovating the loft area on the second floor. I wanted a cohesive look by purchasing another slipcovered sofa. I considered buying the Ikea Ektorp sofa cover because of the similarity, but I didn't want to spend $499 on a sofa. I know, that's kind of ridiculous considering I spent over $1,500 on my Pottery Barn Sofa.

I got lucky and found a Pottery Barn Roll Arm Basic on Facebook Market Place listed for $250 with an ottoman! That is more than half off of the similar Ikea Ektorp. I was able to negotiate it down to $225. Obviously, I knew I had to replace the cover. Pottery Barn brand slipcovers can cost anywhere from $300 - $2,500 depending on the type of fabric you get. You can also get slipcovers made from other online stores for less than $375 (including Amazon [HERE]).

However, Ikea always offers a standard slipcover for under $50 typically. While the fabrics change OFTEN, they always offer an inexpensive version. This year, they offered the Lofallet beige for only $29. I mean, for that price, I wanted to test out whether the Ikea Ektorp sofa could be used with the Pottery Barn Basic.

Below are a few slipcovers that caught my eye! I will say that going into your local Ikea store is WAY cheaper than buying one online. HOWEVER, just know that the under $50 slipcovers are neutral and the prices go up at Ikea based on the slipcover fabric and design. Check out my stripe slipcover sofa that I got custom made if you are the adventurous type here.

Anyway, because I have little kids and I know they'll tear this sofa up anyway, I'm keeping this slipcover even if it's not perfect. Heck, I plan on buying two more in the event they tear this one up!

If you are on the fence on whether to buy an Ikea Ektorp sofa or a Pottery Barn sofa that looks similar, check out my comparison between these two big brands that are known for their slipcovered sofas [HERE]. And if you aren't sold on either of these brands, but love the look, I've also rounded a few of my favorite slipcovered sofa that have the neutral, cottage style look (and the ability to take off the cover to wash it). However, I can't promise you the inexpensive Ikea ektorp sofa cover will fit them and that you won't have to buy the Pottery Barn slipcovers below.

Slipcovers for sofa are goods that virtually every home needs. The only reason not to purchase such items is that you never use your couch. Such pieces of furniture as sofas and couches are used extensively. The more users, the greater the risk to damage the upholstery.

Furniture slipcovers for sofas are stretchable pieces of fabric that you can place on top of the original upholstery. They are made of different materials, such as microfibra, velvet, and others. Not only are slip on couch covers used for protection against dust, fur, dirt, but also for decorating purposes.

Whenever you want some changes in your interior design, you can choose something from the amazing sofa covers slipcovers. In fact, you can purchase a couple of items at a time to change them from time to time. Remember that you can simply wash and dry a stretch slipcover sofa when needed. Meanwhile, you can use another slip cover sofa to protect your furniture.

When picking a slipcover sofa furniture, you want to make the right choice to enjoy your purchase for a long time. There are several factors that you should pay your attention to before placing your order on our website:

The available slip covers for sofas on our website come with descriptions, including sizes, allowing picking a perfect item. However, it is still recommended to reach out to us regarding the right choice.

We deliver perfect fit furniture slipcovers for couches, armchairs, sectional sofas, and many more. We want our products to enrich people's home spaces and create truly unforgettable interior experiences.

Overall, we recommend the Grandin Road Ava Slipcover Sofa (view at Grandin Road), a durable sofa with a kiln-dried hardwood frame, plush cushions, and a slipcover made with performance upholstery. For folks on a budget, we suggest the IKEA EKTORP (view at IKEA), a standard sofa with comfy cushions and a removable, machine-washable slipcover.

Slipcovers are sometimes defined as "clothing for furniture." Indeed, they are tailored just as clothing is, and are fitted loosely or snugly to the taste of the owner or tailor. Some people order furniture upholstered in plain muslin with the intention of using slipcovers only.

In the days before home air conditioning was available, it was common to put slipcovers on upholstered furniture in the hot months of the year to protect the upholstery fabric from sweat, and slipcover tailors offered clear vinyl, or plastic slipcovers. These clear plastic slipcovers were available in large department stores such as Jordan Marsh or were custom made by artisans.

Ready made, generic fit slipcovers are available at many mainstream retailers that sell linens (sheets). With these generic fit slipcovers, some effort is required to maintain a tailored look of a slipcover applied to a couch or loveseat, as usage of the furniture will pull at the edges of the slipcover, which are simply tucked under the cushions, all of one piece. Manufacturers often provide foam sticks to tuck slipcovers into the sides and creases of couches. Design and materials used have also improved allowing different kinds of generic slipcovers to be sold to consumers including elastic covers that fit near perfectly around a couch, loosely fitted covers that are placed over key areas of a couch, covers with skirts, and those made with material designed to withstand use from pets.[1]

Techniques can be used to make a slipcover that will not shift and require re-tucking after every use. Slipcovers with elasticized bottom means that there are no straps needed to secure it in place and it stays exactly where you want it to without shifting or moving.

One constant is the cottage industry aspect: slipcovers are easily made by small groups, in the home or home-based businesses. Historically a lower-wage occupation with a division of labor based on gender, slipcover sewers were often not taught or expected to cut.

The production of clear vinyl slipcovers, however, is not as great as it used to be. Modern upholstery fabrics are more durable;[2] they are both more resistant to dirt and easier to clean. Many upholstery fabrics can in fact be washed in cold water without harm. Transparent vinyl slipcovers, although pleasing to look at, are often very uncomfortable to sit on, particularly on hot summer days. These days,[when?] it is almost impossible to get clear vinyl slipcovers without having to have them made custom.

A sofa slipcover can give new life to an older piece of furniture, as well as provide a room with a fresh appearance. While it is possible to buy slipcovers, making your own is more cost-effective and offers the benefit of using fabric that is exactly the color and texture desired. Best of all, it is possible to make a sofa slipcover using just a few basic resources and a couple hours of your time.

I was honestly so pumped to see this post! And then so bummed. I also have old Ikea couches that I have just bought new slipcovers for every year or two- the slipcovers are super cheap- $40-80. But Ikea remodeled the loveseat I have and made it SMALLER,but without advertising they did so. So I bought a new cover and it wouldn't fit. At first I thought I had lost my mind trying to make it fit and I finally figured out what happened. Thankfully I hadn't thrown out my old slipcover but it literaly has holes and pee stains in it. I'd so anything to find a replacement for it because the loveseat was So expensive and it has a bed in it, I can't afford to replace it. But searching on eBay and such, nobody seems to list whether they have the old or new model of slipcover and I have no idea what the dimensions are. I'm so frustrated. (Mine are Ektorp, which doesn't seem to be a model this company does. ) 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page